Monday, November 2, 2015

Weekly Update

Well, this week was a good one! The first couple of days were a little slow because nobody was home, but we worked hard to find new people and the end of the week was full of success!!!!

So first off, we went and visited Bia again and she read the Book of Mormon and commented on how she felt and she knew right away that it was true! We were so happy! And she said she feels so good every time we teach her! So we invited her to be baptized but she didn’t accept because she wants to go to church first and see how she feels there. But she still hasn’t had the opportunity to go to church because she works every Sunday. But we are continuing to teach her. We will be visiting her again tonight.

This week with Raquel was also really good! Tuesday night she opened up to us and basically told us her life story. But it was really good to help her out. We were able to see what her needs were and plan our lesson accordingly. She is an amazing woman! She is super strong! So we are super excited! Unfortunately, she wasn’t in church yesterday and we aren’t sure why. But we will be visiting her tomorrow night.

This week we visited the cousins of some recent converts here. So we met Rianne, Natalia and their uncle whose name I still don’t know ha. But in the first visit we taught Rianne and Natalia and we taught them the Restoration. And let me tell ya, it was a super good lesson! We taught them with Iasmin (Recent Convert) and her testimony helped a lot. But Rianna accepted our message so easily and she got the goose bumps! Some people truly are prepared by the Lord! But I was commenting to my comp the other day how easy it is with her. It has been so long since I have found someone so prepared as she is its almost too real to be true! I am so grateful that we found her and are able to help her come to know the true gospel of Christ :)

Well, that’s about it for this week. I just wanted to share with you all a scripture that has helped me out a lot and is one of my favorites :) Matthew 11:28-30

 28 ¶Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful week! Keep reading your scriptures and saying your prayers! I love you all!

Com Amor,
Sister Steadman

No comments:

Post a Comment