Monday, March 16, 2015

Mãos que Ajuda (Helping Hands)



This week has flown by so fast!! And crazy to think that this week I will hit my 9 month mark :( Don’t really know how I feel about that. I try not to think about it ha. First off, I would like to thank my wonderful family and grandparents for the wonderful package I received! I truly am blessed. :) And I know that the lord will bless you all for helping me. :) But thank you so much and I love you all. :)

Well I don’t remember a ton that happened this week but I will try, ha. On Wednesday, we traveled to Brasilia for a zone conference and it was exactly what we needed! We focused a lot on what we need to do to improve as a mission. And being here in Cristalina, it’s kind of hard to get ideas from other missionaries because it’s just the 6 of us all the time. Every now and then it’s nice to get some ideas from outside of our area so we can continue the work here so this meeting was so perfect for us! Our mission president changed a few things which I think will help us a lot! 

Our investigators are doing really well! We got cut by a few this week, but we’ve got some others who are really progressing!

First off, Pedro. He was a reference of Irmã Joice and straight from the beginning he has been perfect! He is reading the BOM and attends church. He knows the church is true and is preparing to be baptized on the 28th of this month!!!!!! We are super excited for him! His mom and sister still have questions but we are hoping to get them progressing as well. 

One of our other investigators, Raiane, is doing really well. We were able to sit down with her husband more this week and teach them together. She was in church yesterday with her son and is reading as well. It was so cute in church yesterday, at first, her son Arthur didn’t want anything to do with anyone! So I did my best. I got some little toys for him and tried to distract him so Raiane could focus. In the end it worked! During sacrament he sat on the front row with me most of the time and we colored together! It was perfect because Raiane was able to really focus and participate during the classes! 

In church yesterday we had 66 people, a new record for us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Now Saturday, we had the wonderful opportunity to do a service project with the church organization, helping hands, I think it is called, ha. So we went to a retirement home and fixed up the walls, painted them and cleaned up the area for them. It was a really cool experience! 
Well that’s about it for this week! Thank you all for everything! Have a fabulous week! Love you all!

Sister Steadman







No comments:

Post a Comment