Monday, June 1, 2015

Christlike Attributes

Once again this week has flown by so fast!! But it has been a fabulous week! This week we were able to find a ton of new investigators so we are super excited so see the progress with them! But nothing too crazy this week just lots of new people ha!

Update on José Fernando for those who have been following. We went to visit him several times this week but we never found him home. So on Friday we were finally able to visit him. And after a long good discussion with him, he decided that the church of Jesus Christ just wasn’t for him. So he will not be baptized this weekend. But on the bright side..... Lots of new investigators!!!!!

This week we focused a lot on strengthening our recent converts. Being born in the church, sometimes it’s hard for me to really realize what it’s like to be new in the church, but thanks to our converts and my comp, I sure am learning a lot :) We’ve been helping some of our converts re-find their testimonies and help them realize that they really do have a lot of faith and they really do have the strength to take on anything that comes their way. This week has been full of great learning experiences!

This week I have focused my studies a lot on the attributes of Christ. Sometimes I just get so caught up in the work that I don’t take the time to really see if I am really displaying that I am a representative of Jesus Christ. But it’s amazing to see what a little bit of studying can really do! Through my studies I have really come to love my Savior more. He is the perfect example for every one of us. This week I started out with studying about love and charity. Everything that Christ did, he did it out of love. He really loved every single person. And we should be the same. We should love every single person, despite their weaknesses. And once we learn to love everyone and be charitable, then we are able to work a little bit more on the other attributes of Christ. It’s something that we should always be working on. But by focusing on this every day we feel the spirit more and we truly are happier. I am so eternally grateful for my Savior and all of the amazing things I can learn from him.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful week this week! I would like to challenge you all to study a little bit about our Savior this week and think of ways you all can become more like him! I love you! And always remember, the Church is true!!!

Love
Sister Steadman

No comments:

Post a Comment