Monday, June 29, 2015

The City Life



I´ll be honest, it’s a little weird seeing sooo many apartment buildings and so many fancy cars ha! But, it’s good to be back in Brasilia. :) Here’s a little bit about this week!

Monday: We went and visited the bishop and I can’t even explain my happiness!! It´s so nice to have a bishop again ha! It’s a big relief that’s for sure. :) But he gave us a bunch of names of less active members to look for and find out if they were still living here or not. But he is very active in our work and is so willing to help us out! So this transfer will be really good!!! 

Tuesday: We had lunch with Irmã Eulita and she is the cutest old lady! As we were leaving she asked us if we could iron some clothes for her because she has some back problems. So we spent about the next hour ironing her sheets and hand towels, ha. But we spent most of the day looking for the less active members and I spent most of the time trying to figure out where I was. Ha, it’s hard because it all looks the same!

Wednesday: We had lunch with an Irmã who served a mission and it was super cool to hear some of her stories! I love mission stories! But this day I met one of the investigators here, who has been going to church since 2000. And he already knows everything and has a strong testimony. And you’re probably wondering why he hasn’t been baptized yet? Well, let me explain. Irmão Sebastião is an older gentlemen who is afraid to be baptized. I don’t know if any of you have heard about the mark of the beast of the chip. In revelations (at the moment I have forgotten what chapter) it talks about the mark of the beast. So all of the evangelist here have been saying that this chip that the government wants to put inside of us is this mark and it’s a huge deal to them. So he talks a lot about this chip and it’s really confusing sometimes, ha. But our district leader is going to do an interview with him this week to see what he really is needing so we can continue to help him. :)

Quinta-Feira: We had our first split!!! So because I am still very new in the area I went to Gama Centro and worked there with Sister Goncalves which was super awesome!! I absolutely loved getting to know her more! But we were able to find some awesome people for her to teach! It’s so nice being around sisters again. :)

Friday: We spent a little bit of time in the afternoon helping the sisters here set up for an activity so it was nice to get to know more members. I also met another one of our investigators. His name is Jefferson and he is super awesome!! He has a date for June 11th. But he already knows everything. The sisters have been visiting him for about the last year, ha! He just needs to stop smoking! But he is doing a lot better and I really believe that he will be able to be baptized on the 11th. :)

Saturday: This day I received the quote of the week from Sister Alves “If the devil were to have one good quality, it would be that he is a hard worker. He is very diligent in his work" haha haha. She makes me laugh! But this is so true! We see so much how hard the devil works! But we also see how much the lord works! That night I got to meet one of the families we are teaching and they are so perfect! They have 3 little boys 11, 7 and I think 4. But up to this point, we haven’t had much success with the dad. But the mom, Gilcelene, said Saturday night that she and the boys would go to church whether her husband, Assis, would go or not. So she showed up in church yesterday and loved it! The boys loved it as well! So we visited them again and set dates for the 29th. But we don’t know if they are legally married or not, ha!

I have only had one week here so far but I am already seeing so many miracles! I am really able to see the Lord’s hand in our work. There have been moments where I can really feel the spirit so strong and we leave a lesson and I have no idea what we said, ha. But I know the spirit is doing his job. :)

This week I was also reading in the ensign for this month and came across a talk that I really liked. It’s called "How we Preach of Christ in our home" I would like to challenge all of you to read it and study it and see how you can change the atmosphere in your home. :) 

Well I hope you all have a fabulous week! Love you all!

Sister Steadman

No comments:

Post a Comment