Monday, September 14, 2015

Paracatu......:)

Well you’re probably all wondering, "What a strange word that is. Paracatu." Well that would be the name of my new area!!!! And I couldn't be any happier :) I am sad to leave Guará. After two transfers of working our butts off, we were having results and we really had people preparing for baptism. But I´m leaving them in good hands with Sister Alves there. It will be sad not doing splits every week with the sisters, but I´ve got a new challenge to face and I couldn’t be any more excited :)

So Paracatu is more of a smaller town. So I´ll be headed back to the small town life which I´m super excited about! I´m not really into the city life, ha. But it is about an hour after Cristalina. So about 4 hours away from Brasilia and is in the state of Minas Gerais. So after this area I will have passed in all four states of our mission :) But two transfers ago, President opened up the area and started a group there. So my companion and me will be the first Sisters there! So we are opening an area! (Yes, once again, I am opening an area, ha). My comp, Sister Aldana is from Guatemala! And I´m super excited to work with her! I don´t really know her but everyone says good things about her so it should be fun! But in the meanwhile, we will be staying with the sisters in Nucleo Banderante because they have to put all the furniture in our house. So Wednesday, president will be taking us to our new area. So we won’t be stuck on a bus for 4 hours :) But I´m super excited :)

But about this week.... it flew by way too fast! I will try to remember it all!

Wednesday we had the wonderful opportunity to have a mission conference with Elder Costa, the area president here. And it was probably the best conference I have had here on my mission! Never have I learned so much before! He spoke to us for 4 hours but it was the best 4 hours! It went by too fast. He gave us a lot of tips on how to better our missionary work; a lot of good tips that I have never thought of before. It seriously was the best thing ever! Then he gave the leaders of the mission a quick training after which was also really good! I absolutely loved it!

But because of the conference, our week was super short! But here’s a quick update on Ian! So Wednesday he called us to tell us how his reading went in the Book of Mormon. If you all remember, we visited him the Monday before and he answered all the questions in the back of the pamphlet. So we gave him the book of Mormon, marked a part for him to read. So he called us to tell us that he believes that it is all true! ( I couldn’t believe what I was hearing) and that it made perfect sense to him the Book of Mormon and that he always knew that there was more then the bible. Seriously he is unreal! So we went to visit him Thursday morning and he had read all the way to 2 Nephi.... so unreal! And he told us exactly every little detail of what he read. Then we visited him Saturday again and it was another great lesson. And he was already reading 2 Nephi and really liked it! But unfortunately he wasn’t in church because he had to take a test. But I’m sure of it that he will be baptized :)

Well that’s about all I remember that happened this week. Ha, I know I’ horrible but I’ll be better next week!

But I hope you all have a wonderful week! Keep reading the scriptures and saying your prayers! Love you all!

Com Amor,

Sister Steadman

McKell and Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment