Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Raining Miracles

Well today we woke up to a little bit of rain and I couldn’t be happier! I love it when it rains! Monday was Independence Day here in Brasil so we switched our P-Day to yesterday. We spent the day in the apartment building of a member just hanging out, ate lunch then went bowling! It was a lot of fun, :) But this past week has been such a wonderful week! It was such a testimony builder! So here’s what happened.....

First I will start with Ian. So about a week ago we got a referral from the mission of man whose father received a pass-along card of the BOM. So he called and asked for one. So we stopped by his house and no one was home. So during a split, Sister Alves stopped by, met a girl there who didn’t know the man we were looking for but she marked a day to return. Due to our busy life here we weren’t able to stop by the day that we planned but on this Sunday Ian called us and he was a little mad, ha. He was mad because when my comp stopped by and talked to the girl she just left a pamphlet of the restoration and not a BOM, ha. So we stopped by Monday morning and we had the wonderful opportunity to teach him. Ian is a man with 27 years. He saw this pass-along card with a book that was another testament of Christ and became curious so he called. He told us that he has already visited many churches but he still hasn’t found what he was looking for (seriously so perfect!!!) Then he saw the pamphlet of the restoration and read it and answered the questions in the back!! Nobody does this!!! So I was soooo excited! So we sat down in front of his house and taught him and it was such a good lesson! We invited him to be baptized on October 4th and he accepted. After we invited him he said, “I sure hope this church is true”, ha. Oh he is so perfect! So we are super excited about him!!!!!!

As well we found a woman named Ana. This past week we spent Tuesday and Wednesday with a young women Diane who is preparing to serve a mission so she spent the two days with us and it was a lot of fun! But she was the one who actually found Ana for us. We just found her in a bakery as we were buying a snack. Sister Alves always says that our stomachs lead us to the best people and that is so true! We always find good people to teach at the bakery, haha. But we went and visited this woman, started talking about the plan of salvation and she told us the story of how her father died. I just thought it was super cool because we knew nothing of her father but felt like we needed to talk about the plan. Another cool experience:) But we also invited her to be baptized on the 26th of this month and she accepted. Unfortunately she wasn’t in church Sunday but we will visit her this week :)

Then there´s Edivaldo. So one night all of our visits fell through so we decided to turn to the Lord to see what we should do. So we pulled out a list of names that we had prayed, and looked at the list. The first name I saw was Edivaldo so we went to visit him. He is an older gentleman. The first time we visited him I think he was a little drunk so we marked another day to visit him. Then when we stopped by the second time he didn’t want to let us in because his wife wasn’t there. But the third time, his wife still wasn’t there but we taught him anyways. We taught him the Restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ and it was a really good lesson! We left a Book of Mormon with him and he was so excited to receive a BOM. He told us that he didn’t think he deserved it but he took it anyways. We invited him to be baptized and he looked at us and said, "I think I’ve reached the point in my life where I need to make and change. And I think now is my moment. So if I know this is right I will be baptized." I was sooo excited I just sat there and smiled. I was so happy! So he went to church on Sunday and he loved it! The members received him so well! I was so happy about that!

This week has been full of little miracles. I am so grateful to be a part of this work. This week has been proof to me that the Lord is aware of everything little thing that happens in our lives. He loves each and every one of us dearly and if we turn to him in sincere prayer, he will give us the blessings and help that we need. I am so eternally grateful for my Savior. Without Him, none of this would be possible. In our lives, we pass through so many hardships, but through him we can overcome everything. We can see the sunlight again. We can feel at peace again. We can be happy. Never in my life have I been happier. I am so grateful for this gospel. I don´t know where I would be without it. I know that this church is true. I know that today we have a living prophet and that he receives revelations from God. I know that my Heavenly Father loves me and I love Him.

I love you all and I hope you all have a wonderful week. Remember to always read your scriptures and say your prayers because He is waiting to hear from you :)

Com Amor,
Sister Steadman


Splits this week.

Irmã Edina

Picture taken right before I got hit with a wave of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment