Friday, July 4, 2014

Feliz Dia de Independencia (Happy Independence Day)



Oi!
Everything is good here! Nothing too exciting happened this past week. Just lots of learning and teaching. We now teach two investigators, our two teachers. We have each instructor for 3 hours a day and in those 3 hours we go and teach them for 30 minutes. Sometimes they tell us what to teach but most of the time we just teach them one of the lessons. Monday wasn't a good teaching day for me. In our first lesson, we taught Irma Bueno and she is a very good investigator! She asks some really tough questions which is good for us. But when she was talking, I had absolutely no idea what she was saying. Then my companions would answer her back and I just sat there. I had no idea what anyone was saying. It was rough. But our lesson after that went a lot better!! I was able to understand and I answered Irma Barros questions and said a lot. I felt super proud of myself!!

In our devotional on Tuesday night president Swensen talked to us. He received a letter from the first presidency and said we had received modern revelation. They decided to change the way we teach. So now we have to teach lessons 1 through 5 before they get baptized, 1 through 5 again, after they are baptized and then stay in touch with them for 3 to 4 months after they become members. The United States has the highest rate for baptisms and Brazil is second. But in Brazil, only four percent stay active. So I think by changing this, those numbers will go up a lot. I’m excited for it!!

This week I’ve been studying a lot about the Holy Ghost and what a blessing it has been! The spirit has been so strong this past week and I can really see the lord’s hand in my everyday life. I can feel his love for me at all times.

I know our heavenly father loves each one of us and knows us personally. More than that, he actually likes us. All we need to does put all of our faith and trust in him and our savior. By doing so, we will be blessed more than we can imagine. When life gets hard, turn to your father in heaven, put all your faith in him and he will take care of you. Just do your best and he will take care of the rest
Mosiah 7:33   

I love you all and hope you’re all doing well. Have a fabulous week!!
Sister Steadman

No comments:

Post a Comment