Wednesday, July 30, 2014

The Beautiful Palmas!!!

Well, I made it to Brasilia and it is beautiful!! It is very clean and pretty compared to Sao Paulo. There are a lot of trees and the buildings are really cool to look at. Unfortunately I lost my carry on at the airport so the president has it being sent to his house and then from there they will send it to me. They said I should be getting it within the next week.

President Lundgen and his wife are so nice!! I think sister Lundgen was so happy to see us because we were the only sisters she could speak English too ha. She is still learning Portuguese. But she is super cute and awesome!! President is pretty great as well! He has only been here for four weeks and is already opening up four new areas! He was telling me a little bit about the work that has been going on and it’s amazing how much he has accomplished in such a small amount of time!

When president was telling me about my new area and companion, he talked very highly of both. So I am in Palmas. He said it is the best mission in Brasilia and I got put in the best stake as well. Everyone loves this area and were super jealous of me ha. But a lot of work has been done here and there is so much more to do! I love this area already!

My companion is Sister Alvez.... I think that’s how you spell her name ha. I’m not exactly sure. She is super sweet and kind. President and his wife talked very highly of her. She is quiet just like but is very helpful. She doesn't know any English but we are managing. I am in a house with two sets of companions. So me and my companion and another set. We are currently looking for a new apartment though ha. The one they have is only for one companionship. So far we haven’t had any luck but we will keep trying for the rest of the night.

So yesterday, I left the mission home around 4 then got on another bus at 6 and arrived here in Palmas at 7 this morning. It has been a crazy past two days!!!

We had lunch with a member today and it was so good! We shared a quick message then left. We already had an apartment set up but from what I understand it didn't work out so we had to cancel an appointment so we could continue looking. So hopefully we will have a place to sleep tonight!

I’ll try to send pictures next week and try to give more details. Send everything to the mission home then they will send it to me. Love you all
Sister Steadman

No comments:

Post a Comment