Monday, July 6, 2015

This Sisters in Guará sang as they walked.... and walked..... and walked...

Well the title of this email basically explains how my week was, ha. Our week included a lot of singing in the streets and a lot of walking.... but I just remind myself, walking is good for the health, ha. But my singing mostly consists of humming because I still haven’t memorized all the hymns in Português, :) Also I got told several times this week that my accent is a lot better and I’m sounding more and more like a Brasilian! And yesterday in church I got told that I look like the girl from Harry Potter, Emma... I forgot her last name but I’m sure you all know who I am talking about, ha. But here’s a quick update on the week.... I´ll try to remember everything, ha.

This week I spent a day in Águas Claras [with] Sister Paiva. Águas Claras is a big city that is full of apartment buildings. So it was a little different for me. At least here in Guará there are houses as well. But it was really fun to get to know here and spend some time teaching with her!

Jefferson is doing well. He still has some problems with smoking but he brought his girlfriend to church yesterday and she loved it! They are reading the Book of Mormon together and everything! But we just got to help them keep the commandments because they both smoke. but they are really trying!

We made a visit this week for a young lady that we met earlier in the week and when we make contacts in the street we make it very clear that we are from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.... but somehow this girl didn’t quite understand that. So when we went to teach her she thought we were from the Catholic Church... ha it was an interesting lesson.

Lately we´ve been teaching Antonio, the husband of a convert. And this week was super good with him! We had a lot of lessons where we could just see the spirit working within him! It was super cool! But, he didn’t go to church yesterday. So we will be visiting him tonight.

So funny moment of the week. So we were walking in the street one day, and I am very grateful to be with Sister Alves again because we seem to have the same sense of humor and she laughs at my jokes.... so it makes me feel good, :) But I had just gotten done talking on our phone and I put it back in my purse. But the phone didn’t lock and I guess I was bumping it and pushing buttons when all of a sudden a deep manly voice started talking, ha. It really scared me, ha. So I pulled out my phone and was like sister! There’s a man inside of our phone! Haha I know way dumb but it was really funny in the moment...

But I just wanted to share a quick scripture with you all. It’s in Mosiah 2:5-6

5 And it came to pass that when they came up to the temple, they pitched their tents round about, every man according to his family, consisting of his wife, and his sons, and his daughters, and their sons, and their daughters, from the eldest down to the youngest, every family being separate one from another.
6 And they pitched their tents round about the temple, every man having his tent with the door thereof towards the temple, that thereby they might remain in their tent sand hear the words which king Benjamin should speak unto them;


I like this scripture a lot, because we all need to have our families centered around the prophet’s teachings and around the temple. My challenge for you all this week is to really center your lives around the temple more and do all that you can to visit the temple more. Well I love you all and hope you all have a fabulous week!

Love,
Sister Steadman

No comments:

Post a Comment