Monday, July 13, 2015

"I Still Haven´t Found What I´m Looking For" ~U2


Thanks to hearing this song in the street this week, I got my title for this email, :) Because we just still haven’t found what we are looking here which would be our golden investigators. But I still have hope that we will find them.

I made a nice list of everything that happened this week, but I left it at home, ha. So I will do my best to remember everything, :)

Well as being a Sister Trainer that means we deal with all the needs of the sisters. That also means when they have a problem they call me to call Sister Lundgren and translate everything over into English. And I have learned this week that, that is very hard for me, ha. But with practice I am getting better! But it was crazy! At one point I was speaking in Portuguese, then I would have to try and figure out how to say it in English. But in the end it all worked out and I only accidentally said a few things in English to my comp, ha.

This week we really tried finding some new people to teach and tried to visit everyone from the week before. Not too many good results, but we did end up finding some new people last night who seemed really interested so we were excited about that!

Wednesday we did a split with the sisters in Gama Sul and I stayed in my area with Sister Stratford who is from Sandy, :) So it was cool to be with an American! She is in her second transfer of the mission. But I felt so bad for her this day because all of our appointments fell through. We had a feeling that this would happen so me and my comp made a backup list of a bunch of people we could visit. But as the day went on, no one was home. And it was cold and rainy, ha. But she was a super good trooper about it all so it still was a good day, :)

We visited Jefferson this week a little bit and explained the temple for him and he really liked that! Makes me really miss the temple, ha. But he is still going to church and reading the book of Mormon. Yesterday in church he stayed in all three meetings for the first time!!!! We were super happy, :)

This week we also met a young couple, Everaldo and Tainará. They were super interested in the Plan of Salvation and we taught the first part of the first lesson. We will be visiting them again tonight. So I´m pretty excited about them!!

This week we also met a less active family. The mom and her two daughters are members but her husband and his son aren’t. So we got to know them a little bit and just casually invited them all to church. And yesterday in church they showed up! It was a huge surprise to us and we were super excited!!!

Friday, we did another split but this time we both went to the city of the sisters because it was so far away. So we traveled to Cabeceiras. It’s a little small town and it reminded me so much of Cristalina, :) I loved it, :) ha, but at one point we took a one hour bus ride into the town and it was so full of people that we had to stand the whole time and hold onto the railing on the ceiling. For a missionary this is no big deal. But about half way through the trip Sister Alves turned to me and was like, ya know, the atonement pays for this as well. Ha, it made me laugh but it definitely got me thinking. The atonement really pays for every little pain and affliction we go through in this life. I feel like this is something we all forget too easily.

This week I was thinking a lot about our testimonies. As human beings we have a tendency to want to know the whys and because of everything that happens. But when it all comes down to it, our faith is what matters most. As we see in the past and even today, we as human beings are not perfect. Every single one of us makes mistakes. Including leaders of our countries and church. But this should not change how we feel. We must always trust in the Lord and the faith that we have. I know that one day, everything will make sense. One day we will receive our explanations, but as for right now these things just aren’t important. I know the Lord has a plan for every single one of us. But we must stay firm in our faith and stay on the right path.

Well I love you all and I hope you all have a wonderful week! Remember to always read your scriptures and say your prayers!!!

Love,
Sister Steadman

No comments:

Post a Comment