Monday, August 31, 2015

He knows YOU



Well hello everyone! I hope you all have had a wonderful week! Mine was good :) This week flew by so fast I’m not really sure what happened ha. But I’ll try to remember :)

So this week we went and visited the family that we are teaching; Dagma and Aldo. We walked in and sat down, started to talk to them and I felt like we were in the middle of a marriage counsel class or something like that, ha. They started talking about their problems and then Aldo asked us what we thought about some stuff. And as missionaries we can’t really give marriage advice, especially because we have never been married, ha. So we just explained the importance of family and stressed family prayer a lot. They were more open in this visit then the other and are more willing now to do these things for their family. So we are going to focus more on what is going to help their family while we teach them. But I am super happy with them because before with the other missionaries they didnt really care much and didnt want much. But now they are more willing to change and do what I best for the family. So please please, please keep them in your prayers!!!!!! 

This week was fun with one of our less active members Davi. So as we visited him we asked him about some of his friends and he started naming a ton of them. So then we went out and tried to visit them, ha. He was super excited and was being all cool about it. So he prepared a scripture to read to one of them as well. So the scripture he read was 2 Nephi 4:3 which says:

“3 Wherefore, after my father had made an end of speaking concerning the prophecies of Joseph, he called the children of Laman, his sons, and his daughters, and said unto them: Behold, my sons, and my daughters, who are the sons and the daughters of my firstborn, I would that ye should give ear unto my words.”

Haha, so when he read that we were a little confused. Oh well. He did his part :)

For our splits this week we went to Gama Sul and I spent the day working with Sister Aparicio who is from Argentina. It’s a smaller city so it was nice to be in a place a little bit more humbling again and I really liked spending the day with her :)

Then we did a split with the sister in Ceilandia and I spent the day with Sister Amaral who is from the Rio Grande do Sul. 

So this week my comp shared a scripture that I really like that I would like to share with you all. 1 Nephi 21:15-16,

“15 For can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? Yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee, O house of Israel.

16 Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me.”

This scripture always leaves me thinking. We meet so many people in our lives, talk to so many that we wont remember them all. And they will most likely forget us too. But there is one who will never forget us.  And that is our Savior. He always will remember us. I really like the second verse because he died for every single one of us. Our names are written in his hand. He knows every one of us personally. So in any moment we always have someone to turn to. I hope you all remember this and use the atonement of Christ in your lives.
Well I love you all and hope that you all have a wonderful week! Remember to read your scriptures and say your prayers:)
Com Amor,
Sister Steadman

No comments:

Post a Comment